Lead Vehicle Test Technician, Hydrogen and Fuel Cell
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People who push themselves, work quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Work within our engineering and vehicle build teams with a focus on testing hydrogen storage and fuel cell systems installation, and teardowns. 10+ years’ experience as an Automotive Test Technician with a broad background in vehicle maintenance and vehicle testing. Automotive or heavy-duty experience a plus. Alternative fuels and/or fuel cell vehicle experience a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, maintain, inspect, setup and verify vehicle safety during build and during testing.
- Take a leadership position regarding vehicle safety and safety checklists.
- Ability to lead other vehicle technicians in the safe installation and handling of hydrogen storage system and fuel cell system.
- Develop safety and vehicle build and teardown checklists.
- Conduct vehicle and/or component teardown after testing; work with engineering to document issues found during / after testing.
- Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience as an Automotive Test Technician.
- Extensive knowledge of alternative fuel systems, including high pressure fitting systems, leak detection methods, and safety steps involved with these systems.
- Ability to operate typical automotive hand, power, and shop tools.
- Ability to operate diagnostic tools, such as scopes, meters, and other data acquisition equipment.
- Working knowledge of data acquisition sensors and wiring needs, such as flow meters, thermocouples, strain gauges, accelerometers, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. CDL license a plus.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
- Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.