Vehicle Controls Engineer
Responsible for developing control logic for vehicle control and thermal systems. Work closely with Nikola's Powertrain and Thermal Simulation Engineer to develop control design for powertrain and thermal systems. Also work closely with embedded system engineer to integrate code with lower layers.
- Experience developing vehicle and powertrain controls algorithms for different drive mode selections.
- Modeling and simulation of electric vehicle powertrain.
- Solid understanding of system/component design/development processes.
- Knowledge of classical control theory, optimal controls, adaptive controls, and state-space modeling.
- Strong knowledge in programming language, such as C/C++, Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience with Model-based System Design and Auto-code Generation in Matlab/Simulink environment.
- Algorithm Subsystem Technical Expertise.
- Familiar with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape.
- Proficiency with CAN, LIN Communication Protocols.
- Familiar with git version control.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.