Vehicle Attributes/V&V Lead
- This role is to coordinate all Vehicle Attributes Engineering and Delivery Full vehicle
- This person will coordinate the overall vehicle attribute development and integration. Ensure robust target cascade to suppliers and design teams, and progressing the Integration Engineers for robust design freezes will be core activities.
- This role will work closely functional development and testing teams and program management
- Develop, Track and progress all appropriate Vehicle level performance attribute target cascades.
- Ensure capture of and tracking of legal and regulatory requirements (for the intended markets of sale) also any design and manufacturing driven requirements within the attribute teams.
- Summarize attributes status for program reporting
- Support Vehicle Development meetings as required including tracking, negotiating and reporting against attribute development plans.
- Manage the process to work with functional engineering groups to enable plan test and validation activities (V&V), including developing vehicle, system and component test and validation plans and associated vehicle, and hardware needs to support such testing.
- Status of vehicle development timing plans and resource estimates to support the overall master program plan.
- Experience of attribute development and delivery of full vehicle attributes for Propulsion, Comfort, Crash, NVH, Strength and Durability etc.
- Familiarity with complete Vehicle Systems development (Thermal, Aero, Ride and Handling, performance etc.) would be a great advantage.
- Understanding of virtual (CAE) and physical (material, mule and prototype properties) test and validation plans is required.
- Familiarity with current and future legal drives (e.g. latest crash regulations) is a plus.
- Understanding of platform / concept creation requirements
- Expert understanding of the functional attribute development and systems is required
- Experience of working with engineers to define and develop vehicle attributes. Also defining status and managing issue resolution strategies.
- Flexible thinking and excellent problem solving and communication skills. Must be happy to present on a regular basis with confidence and clarity.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.