- This position is responsible for establishing, planning and running the chassis system to ensure vehicle performance objectives are achieved
- Proven experience in development of at least one of chassis aggregates like suspension and dynamics, steering system, brakes, towing & recovery.
- Knowledge of operational principles for chassis systems including suspension, steering and brakes.
- Vehicle Dynamics and Multibody dynamics simulation experience is strongly desired
- Familiarity with automotive fastening methods
- Engineering knowledge of defined requirements and validation of component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements, testing and validation
- Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
- Liaise with cross functional teams, suppliers, manufacturing, testing, and validation teams.
- CAD Literacy: Ability to generate/review CAD data
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools FMEA, DVP&R, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Ensure progression of design maturity from initial concept through to Launch
- Ensure system meets targets
- Ensure Regulatory compliance of system.
- Define appropriate system-level engineering targets to meet function, quality and attribute requirements of the Vehicle Program
- Develop and maintain the design validation plan (DVP) including both in-house and supplier testing plan and ensure development signoff tests are completed on schedule.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all Validation issues.
- Develop/Validate System Design Specifications incorporating engineering standards, test procedures and material specifications.
- Lead the resolution of design, attribute or packaging incompatibilities through the appropriate cross-functional meetings.
- Support Purchasing team in Sourcing and RFQ activities.
- Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical)
- Has worked on previously through complete life cycle of project right from start of project through launch
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.