Product Safety & Compliance Manager
The role of the Product Safety & Compliance Manager is to plan, execute, and deliver the certification for US and Canada to ensure compliance with vehicle specific regulatory requirements in their specific regulatory field. according to program timing and budget.
You will be requested to manage multiple projects, resources and deadlines and provide updates to the team.
This includes working with team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver proper solutions according to plan.
The candidate will also follow process for quality control throughout the product development life cycle.
A pleasant demeanor, coupled with strong telephone, internet, face-to-face and written communication skills are a must. Follow up communications and strong organizational skills are essential.
- Foster frequent communication with technical services and government agencies, NHTSA, EPA, CARB, etc.
- Candidate must be committed to keeping informed with the current and future US and Canada regulations for specific regulatory field and update management and design team, as needed.
- Support all vehicle development departments to ensure the compliance with regulations.
- Interface with external partners and test facilities to support certification testing.
- Review test reports and assemble and document all related files and data for self-certification compliance demonstration.
- Create homologation application documents and obtain and document the required approvals from various government authorities or agencies.
- Lead the team in obtaining and maintaining all necessary regulatory certifications.
- Support the compilation of certification quality process documents as required.
- Follow project scope and deliverables to support program goals in collaboration with engineering and program management.
- Have a highly functional knowledge of automotive safety testing in accordance with FMVSS procedures.
- Work towards realistic project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Perform data analysis and establish proper corrective actions as required
- Track and report project status to Chief Engineer, as well as program team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, searching for solutions quickly and effectively to ensure success.
- Follow established product development processes, leading the development of new processes for company adoption where required.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Cooperate and coordinate development with other vehicle development team members to ensure overall goals are achieved.
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Provide technical support to Nikola Motor Company manufacturing facilities through plant visits, conference calls, etc.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to relocate if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years minimum related experience in industry with management experience a plus.
- 3 years or more experience in vehicle certification, regulatory, and/or in or certification testing.
- Experience with design for functional safety desired.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Experience using Catia V5 or Solidworks design software in an fast paced, multi-user production environment prefered.
Computer skills: In addition to the requirements above, the candidate must have experience with MS Office, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook, and other Office suite tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.