DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineer and design electrical system for the Nikola Refueling Station.
- The electric design scope includes; the total electric design, facility Electric Panel Table, single line electrical diagram, Life-Safety Code requirements pertaining egress, grounding, and coordination of electric service with local electric service providers.
- Designate location classifications in accordance with NFPA 70 Article 500, and/or if appropriate NFPA 497, coordinate with other Team members.
- The electrical design will reflect as a minimum the relevant requirements of NFPA 70, International Fuel Code, NFPA 2, International Building Code, local and state requirements.
- Create technical specifications for electric components including load centers, breakers, fuses, disconnects, panels, motors, cable, conduit, fittings, light fixture, emergency fixtures, hangers & hardware, terminals, etc.
- Assist in the creation of the facility General Arrangement and Site Plan.
- Assist in the design of control panels, coordinate with I&C Engineer and NEL.
- Electric design should achieve the optimum power quality practical.
- Engineer and design power circuits, data circuits, control power circuits, lightning, service receptacles, and emergency shut-down circuits; and coordinate with I&C Engineer and Detector/Fire Engineer.
- Create the termination drawings, coordinate with I&C Engineer.
- Design and specify seal-off’s as required by location classifications.
- Design conduit hangers with specifications of construction assembly.
- Create specifications for field power terminations, including terminal bolt torque.
- Engineer and Design Emergency Power circuits and components, including the requirements in life-safety code.
- Review and evaluate the electric design of equipment provided by vendors for compliance with location classifications.
- Design Grounding Grid, grounding, lightning, static charge null from personnel, intrusions, etc. Design to specify construction attachments or bonding.
- Design considerations include domestic water supply failure or supply pipe burst, flooding from storm run-off, high velocity wind, lightning strikes, seismic events, freezing weather conditions, and other nature caused events.
- The electrical design should comply with relevant sections of NFPA 1 and UBC, coordinate with the other Hydrogen Infrastructure Team Members to assure all points have been addressed.
- Coordinate with Mechanical, HazOps, Detection & Fire Engineer, and I&C to assure access for maintenance, egress of personnel, and no blockage of electric panels, disconnects, transformers or other electric equipment.
- Prepare Electrical Engineer’s Final Report. This document must include descriptions of design, referenced Code Articles, all vendor cut sheets, calculations performed, safety factors, etc.; , and assure vendor equipment & documentation are appropriate for the location classification of the design.
- Resolution of electrical technical issues with vendors, contractors, building officials, customers, and Nikola team members.
- Train EIT Engineer.
- Degree in Electric Engineering from an accredited university.
- Ideal: Licensed Professional Electrical Engineer in at least one state.
- Prior experience engineering design in hazardous classifications.
- Prior experience in coordination with Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Good Communication skills, with patience and pleasant characteristics.
- Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.