DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Professional Electrical Engineer in designing the Hydrogen Station.
- Perform engineering calculations required by code and as directed by the Professional Engineer.
- Communicate with equipment and component vendors concerning technical specifications, budgetary costs, and schedules.
- Assist in creating specifications for electric equipment, cable, fittings, panels, terminals, etc. under the direction of the Professional Engineer.
- Assist in evaluation of commercially available electrical products.
- Assist in evaluation of component durability.
- Develop expertise in grounding and terminations.
- Assist in creating the Engineer’s Report on the Station Design.
- Assist the Station Design Team as needed.
- Assist the Fire Systems Engineer in evaluation of scanners and detectors.
- Assist the I&C engineer in instrumentation power.
- Assist in resolving electrical design problems as needed.
- Research design issues using NFPA Codes 70 and 497, Uniform Building Code, International Fire Code, and requirements of State, municipal, or county jurisdictions.
- Sit for the Engineering Fundamentals test as administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
- Develop skills in using the engineering design software.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electric Engineering from an accredited university.
- Prior experience with hazardous materials, such as flammable gas.
- Prior experience in construction.
- Prior experience with Alternative Fuels and Vehicles, ideally hydrogen.
- Attuned to the importance of safety in the practice of engineering.
- Good Communication skills, with patience and pleasant characteristics.
- Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.