DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Professional Mechanical Engineer in designing the Hydrogen Station.
- Perform engineering calculations required by code and as directed by the Professional Engineer.
- Communicate with equipment and component vendors concerning technical specifications, budgetary costs, and schedules.
- Assist in creating specifications for equipment, piping/tubing, fittings, valves, etc. under the direction of the Professional Engineer.
- Assist in evaluation of commercially available equipment and components.
- Assist in the calculations for safety valves, and control valves.
- Assist in the design for pipe hangers, tubing attachments, and instrumentation support, perform calculations for load, thrust and seismic.
- Assist in the ventilation calculations.
- Assist in the development instructions for fabrication and assembly of components in accordance with ASME Power Piping Code.
- Assist in evaluation of component durability.
- Assist the I&C Engineer in calculations for the mass energy balance of the process.
- Assist the I&C Engineer in evaluation of commercially offered instruments for the process.
- Assist the Fire Engineer in designing fire protection systems and equipment.
- Assist the Fire Engineer in writing and conducting test protocols to validate sensors and detectors.
- Assist in creating the Engineer’s Report on the Station Design.
- Assist the Station Design Team as needed, resolving mechanical, fire, I&C, safety design problems as needed.
- Research design issues using NFPA Codes 2, 55, 56, ASME Piping Codes B31.3 and B31.12, Uniform Building Code, International Plumbing Code, International Mechanical code, International Fire Code, and requirements of State, municipal, or county jurisdictions.
- Sit for the Engineering Fundamentals test as administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
- Develop skills in using engineering design software.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Prior experience with hazardous materials, such as flammable gas.
- Prior experience in construction.
- Prior experience with Alternative Fuels and Vehicles, ideally hydrogen.
- Attuned to the importance of safety in the practice of engineering.
- Good Communication skills, with patience and pleasant characteristics.
- Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.