DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and moderate hydrogen station HazOps
- Utilize HazOps Software in modeling hypothetical anomalies during operations in the designed hydrogen production, compression, storage, and vehicle refueling.
- Perform analysis identified by NFPA 2, Chapter 5
- Perform calculations identified in NFPA 68
- Perform calculations identified in NFPA 69
- Identify hydrogen release scenarios from a selected hole sizes at various points in the hydrogen pathway.
- Identify flame jet characteristics and impingement points.
- Identify cloud formation from jet, size, energy, time to exist immediate area.
- Identify fueling event release anomalies with model.
- For all scenarios modeled, identify remediation alternatives for that scenario if needed.
- Coordinate with Detection and Fire Systems to assist in identifying anomalies to model.
- Assist in creating the Emergency Protocols with Detection & Fire Engineer, based upon modeling.
- Prepare a Report analyzing the Hydrogen Refueling Station design with NFPA 68 and 69.
- Prepare Final Report with graphics for the JHA review, thoroughly complementing NFPA 2, Chapter 5, Performance based analysis.
- Using component failure data and models, analyze the components and equipment in the Station to identify predictive or preventative maintenance to extend station live and reliability.
- Coordinate and consult with US Nationals Labs for the use of HyRAM Software for the and apply to the Nikola Refueling Station Design.
- Coordinate with the other Hydrogen Infrastructure Team Members.
- Resolution of mechanical technical issues with vendors, contractors, building officials, customers, and Nikola team members.
- Engineering Degree an accredited university.
- Advanced Degree in Physics (desirable)
- Prior experience in design in hazardous classifications.
- Prior experience in analysis for NFPA 68 &69
- Prior experience in coordination with Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Good Communication skills, with patience and pleasant characteristics.
- Believes in a sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.