Pressure Vessel Engineer, ASME
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create Specification for all ASME Stationary Pressure Vessels in the Refueling Station, including isolation valves and safety valves.
- Create Specification for all tanks in the refueling station.
- Coordinate with Mechanical Engineer for foundation designs for vessels and tanks.
- Coordinate with Electrical Engineer for electrical grounding of vessels and tanks.
- Coordinate with I&C Engineer and Mechanical Engineer for instrumentation mounted to vessels.
- Coordinate with Mechanical Engineer for all process piping attached to vessels.
- Coordinate with Mechanical Engineer for all piping attached to Tanks
- Coordinate with Mechanical engineer on safety valve vents.
- Coordinate with Detection & Fire Engineer for vessel fire protection systems.
- Coordinate with I&C Engineer and Mechanical Engineer for instrumentation attached to tanks.
- Coordinate with I&C Engineer on vehicle hydrogen refueling for data transmission back to Control Panel.
- Coordinate with HazOps Specialist for vessels modeling scenarios.
- Coordinate with HazOps Specialist on vehicle refueling modeling scenarios.
- Provide calculations on vessel energy storage for HazOps analysis.
- Coordinate with Commissioning Engineer on Safety Valves maintenance requirements, recertifications, and record keeping.
- Coordinate with Commissioning Engineer on protocol for long term storage of vessels, and lay-up during periods of during periods of station non-operation.
- Verify design provides adequate protection of vessels from impact, fire, environmental, over pressure, and over heat conditions.
- Coordinate with the other Hydrogen Infrastructure Team Members.
- Resolution of mechanical technical issues with vendors, contractors, building officials, customers, and Nikola team members.
- Engineering Degree an accredited university.
- Degree in Engineering or Physics (desirable)
- Prior experience with the ASME Code Title VIII
- Prior experience with ASME Shop fabrication of Pressure Vessels
- Prior experience in design in hazardous classifications.
- Prior experience in coordination with Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Good Communication skills, with patience and pleasant characteristics.
- Believes in a sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.