Protocol & Validation Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare procures to perform initial start-up of all equipment, including energizing of electrical gear, and which include addressing validation of equipment performance such as power quality, current in-rush, instrument validation, efficiency, etc.
- Prepare Operation Manual for all equipment, including logging & data collection, including equipment tagging procedure (safety tagging and lockout). The Operation Manual will include a narrative on the Control Panel and Operation Logic, coordinate with I&C Engineer.
- Prepare Maintenance Manual for all equipment, including maintenance logs required by Code (Safety Valves calibration, recertification, etc).
- Prepare a table identifying spare parts in inventory, and warranty periods for equipment.
- Prepare procedure to validate equipment performance; obtain “buy-in” from vendor on performance points and methods.
- Identify personal safety equipment to be used by staff.
- Identify “safe walk” zones.
- Identify pipe labels and label locations.
- Identify vessel and tank labels and their location.
- Create the Facility MSDS for chemicals on site, their inventory & storage, and mitigation in the event of spill or releases.
- Identify location of security camera for the facility; and coordinate with I&C Engineer and Electrical Engineer.
- Create the Contact List for the facility staff for Medical, Police, Fire, and other regulatory requirement for notifications.
- Prepare Safety Manual for Station, coordinate with Fire Engineer.
- Prepare Training Program for Refueling Facility Staff.
- Revised Operations & Maintenance Manual and Training Manual, if issues arise from AHJ review.
- Create the protocol for tube trailer loading or unloading.
- Create a proforma log for activity and data at the refueling station, including time recorded.
- Create a Start-Up procedure for all equipment and electrical gear, validate safety interlocks.
- Validate ALL grounding at Hydrogen Station.
- Coordinate with NEL and other Team members to assure awareness of initial operation, and resolution of anomalies encountered.
- Engineering Degree an accredited university.
- Prior experience hazardous materials facilities.
- Prior experience with high pressure flammable gases
- Prior experience in coordination of operations.
- Prior experience maintenance.
- Good Communication skills, with patience and pleasant characteristics.
- Believes in a sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.