MEA Process Development Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and lead the MEA process development team to meet the schedule for Nikola truck deliverables
- Lead and direct fuel cell MEA testing (performance and durability) including data analysis and reporting for management reviews
- Lead the design, construction and maintenance of the MEA processing areas including equipment calibration and lab maintenance to meet EH&S regulations
- Ensure creation of work instructions and internal documentations (material safety review, lab safety review and process safety)
- Ensure timely delivery and hand-offs of MEA testing and durability analysis to partners and internal customers
- Collaborate and Interact with cell testing and stack testing groups to ensure robust MEA design capable of meeting Nikola’s performance and durability requirements.
- Participate in discussions with supplier and partners and develop robust verification and validation protocols to confirm functionality of MEA components
- Innovate, drive IP generation and publish in peer reviewed high-impact journals to maintain Nikola’s competitive edge in FC and H2 technologies.
- Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Instill a culture of safety awareness in the laboratory
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES
- MS Chemical Engineering, Material Science or Chemistry, Ph.D. preferred
- 5 – 7 years of experience in interdisciplinary areas of electrochemistry, solid state chemistry, and energy technologies such as fuel cells and batteries
- 3 – 5 years of team leadership and project management preferred
- Position requires strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures = creative, hands-on mentality
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
- Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
- Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.