Controls Engineer (Hydrogen)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People who push themselves, work quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Work within our hydrogen storage team and corporate partners on control module design. 5+ years’ experience in automotive electronic control unit development and design as well as electrical harnessing. Automotive or heavy-duty experience required.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Specify, design, and develop control modules, prototype to production
* Engage with corporate partners regarding control module specifications, development and builds.
* Define software specifications and diagnostic requirements for control modules and work with software team to implement.
* Develop rigorous validation requirements with corporate partners for control modules to support transition to production readiness.
* Work with development partners around all interfaces, software, and diagnostic needs.
* Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
* Support offsite test activities, some overseas travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES:
* BS in Electrical Engineering or similar
* 5+ years of experience in controls system development and modeling
* Ability to read electrical schematics and create them in a CAD environment such as Solidworks Electrical, OrCAD, or other.
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.