WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
People who push themselves, work safely, quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS:
Work within our hydrogen storage team to support the design, development, testing and approval of the high pressure on-board storage vessels. 7+ years of pressure vessel design and/or testing experience, along with automotive process and systems experience. Familiar with FMEA and root cause processes. Mechanical engineering degree or similar is required. Prior experience with high pressure fuel systems such as compressed hydrogen or compressed natural gas is a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create specification for high pressure on-board hydrogen storage vessels
* Manage drawings and document releases through engineering change process
* Support vessel design with suppliers in accordance with Nikola specifications
* Communicate with vessel suppliers regarding shared CAD files, part and assembly documentation and specification file management
* Define and coordinate testing, certification and approval of vessel in accordance with national and international standards and regulations, including SAE J2579, ANSI HGV 2, EC 79, UN GTR 13, and ECE R134
* Participate in risk assessment, FMEAs, etc. and utilize known failure analysis tools to properly document, analyze and resolve failures
* Perform root cause analysis on design and process failures with hydrogen storage team input and feedback
* Provide input to the development of standards and regulations as they apply to on-board pressure vessels
* Document and maintain company documents, including quality documents and forms, validation test plans, test reports, etc.
* Maintain professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
* Support off-site design, testing activities, FMEAs, etc., some overseas travel may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
* BS in mechanical engineering or similar
* 7+ years experience in pressure vessel design and testing/approval, preferably within an automotive environment
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.