Manager, Fuel Cell Vehicle Standards
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People who push themselves, work quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Manage a team of engineers to advance technical standards for fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV).
7+ years’ experience managing teams working with standards development organizations. Need to be familiar with standards development processes, test requirements, and hydrogen systems. A bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar is required. Automotive or heavy-duty experience a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Represent Nikola Motors in key national and international standards and support C&S Strategy
* Manage engineers to advance the development of critical standards for the deployment of heavy-duty fuel cell vehicles.
* Manage and prioritize technical work proposals for testing & research activities critical to the development of FCEV standards.
* Ensure coordination across multiple teams responsible for the optimization of fueling protocols, emissions and fuel economy of heavy-duty FCEV
* Maintain professional relationships, including frequent and effective communication with management, SDOs, and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES
* B.S. or M.S. in an Engineering / Physical Science Discipline
* 7+ Years in a senior engineer / manager capacity with extensive experience working with SAE and/or ISO committees. automotive experience preferred.
* Strong technical understanding of fuel cell testing procedures and be familiar with the use of fuel cell test stations, analytical instruments, and hydrogen systems.
* Excellent technical knowledge with the ability to oversee the implementation of test procedures, and analyze and interpret data and results
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Communicate succinctly and clearly to all levels of the organization and with stakeholders, and maintain excellent working relationships
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.