WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People who push themselves, work quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Work within our engineering team to implement and maintain configuration management of critical company data including drawings, test plans, reports, and design reviews. 7+ years’ experience in product design, automotive release processes and configuration management is required. Need to be familiar with product data management systems (PDM) and SolidWorks. A mechanical engineering degree or similar is required. Automotive or heavy-duty experience a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Implement and maintain engineering drawing standards and policies
* Manage drawing and document releases through engineering change process
* Coordinate and manage software release with stakeholders
* Coordinate drawing reviews with stakeholders
* Communicate with outside suppliers regarding shared CAD files, part and assembly documentation and specification file management, etc.
* Document and maintain company documents, including quality documents and forms, validation test plans, test reports, etc.
* Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
* 7+ years of experience in engineering configuration management, automotive experience preferred.
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.