We are on the lookout for experienced Control Engineers that will be responsible for the development, implementation, optimization, and testing of control algorithms. As a Controls Engineer you will work closely with Nikola's Hydrogen & Fuel Cell technology or Vehicle Engineering teams to develop control design for your specific department. You will also work closely with embedded system engineering to integrate code with lower layers.
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you. We feel exactly the same way.
**_Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation._**
Seeking Mid Level & Sr Level Control Engineers that specialize in Vehicle Controls, Body Controls, or Fuel Cell System Controls.
* Years of experience 5+
* Experience developing vehicle and powertrain controls algorithms for different drive mode selections.
* Modeling and simulation of electric vehicle powertrain.
* Solid understanding of system/component design/development processes.
* Knowledge of classical control theory, optimal controls, adaptive controls, and state-space modeling.
* Strong knowledge in programming language, such as C/C++, Matlab/Simulink.
* Experience with Model-based System Design and Auto-code Generation in Matlab/Simulink environment.
* Algorithm Subsystem Technical Expertise.
* Familiar with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape.
* Proficiency with CAN, LIN Communication Protocols.
* Familiar with GIT version control.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.