Design for Manufacturing Engineer (Hydrogen/Fuel Cells)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
People who push themselves, work safely, quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS:
Work within our hydrogen storage team to support the assembly of development and production hydrogen on-board fuel storage systems. 3+ years experience with product lifecycle management systems. BS in mechanical engineering or similar.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Specify hydrogen on-board storage system assembly requirements, including build plans, assembly instructions, manufacturing, tooling, supply chain management
* Coordinate with Pressure Vessel Engineer and Component Engineers on development and production assembly scheduling, parts availability needs, etc.
* Procure and manage parts inventory
* Determine suppliers for special build tooling, manufacturing, etc.
* Communicate with outside suppliers regarding part and assembly quotes, lead times, status and quality documents
* Oversee and coordinate Quality Assurance Specialist and End of Line Testing Technician.
* Document and maintain company documents, including build plans, assembly instructions, quality documents and forms, etc.
* Maintain professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
* BS in mechanical engineering or similar
* 3+ years experience with product lifecycle management systems, preferably within an automotive environment and familiar with QS 9001
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
* Experience working with compressed hydrogen a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.