Design Release Engineer, Interior Soft Trim (Cockpit)
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We are on the lookout for a Design Release Engineer, Interior Soft Trim (Cockpit) to join our Cab Engineering team. You will be responsible for the design, release, and launch of soft Trim and NVH (Cockpit) components for Nikola’s future vehicles and programs. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class interiors in terms of form, function, and exemplifies the Nikola brand.
- Develop and execute interior system parts and components. Floor, soft panels, headliner, interior NVH
- Implement processes and material selections to achieve Nikola’s desired execution of automotive interior while achieving craftsmanship targets such as fit and finish
- Collaborate with key interior system material suppliers and support overall vehicle development through milestones and prototype/production builds
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the cockpit systems manufacturability, assembly feasibility, serviceability, cost and packaging
- Supplier development
- Be responsible for technical documentation included but not limited to DFMEA’s and DVP&R’s, material specs
- Work with Studio inputs during the interior engineering release process
- Own the parts from concept to post-launch. This includes supplier sourcing, surface release timing, engineering release & lead times, and manufacturing lead times
- Own commercial targets (piece cost, tooling cost & ED&D cost)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience of trucking/automotive product development in the following: Cabin NVH, Soft trim, Hard Trim, Headliners, floor
- Proficient in CATIA V5/V6
- Knowledge and prior involvement in cockpit design and development process, system requirements, and general interior engineering best practices
- A good understanding of an automotive cockpit and how your commodities impact the rest of the vehicle with regards to function, cost, and timing
- Process manufacturing and materials knowledge
- Experience in manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution for automotive plastics (Mold flow, draft angles, GD&T)
- Know how to achieve system requirements and world-class craftsmanship and performance target
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.