We’re currently on the lookout for a **DFM Casting Engineer** to join the Powertrain engineering team. In this role you will design, prototype, and manufacture world class castings for our all-electric and hydrogen fuel cell electric class 8 semi-trucks and off-road vehicles.
This position will lead all casting designs from prototype runs to production tooling in high pressure die castings. Experience with aluminum and magnesium high pressure die castings, ductile iron sand castings, and permanent/semi-permanent mold aluminum castings is needed. Investment casting experience is a plus.
**In this role you will:**
* Be the go-to technical resource for any castings designed or sourced
* Perform design for manufacturability assessments on new casting designs
* Help determine the best material and manufacturing process
* Critically assess supplier tool designs, simulations and sampling through the new product development process
* Lead casting related continuous improvement activities working from design to prototype through to production
* Perform tooling design
* Analyze field problems, recommend possible solutions and visit suppliers when needed to resolve issues
**Required Experience and Skills**
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering related field, MS preferred
* Minimum 6 years practical experience in cast tooling design and/or cast process engineering with high pressure die-casting experience and or experience with large castings in aluminum, steel and iron
* Tooling design experience and CAD experience. CATIA or SOLIDWORKS preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.