Director, Digital Hardware (HMI)
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We're looking for a Director of Digital Hardware that will perform a critical role in leading a team developing the cutting-edge human machine interface (HMI) and other electrical systems on Nikola Motor’s various product lines. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building and leading an experienced, dynamic team with a focus on innovation.
As the Director of Digital Hardware, you and your team will develop HMI solutions at Nikola Motor to support the development of world-class, industry-leading electric vehicles. These include automotive grade head units, touch screens, communication modules, etc.
- Work closely with Software and UI/UX teams to develop a cutting-edge HMI system
- Champion creative solutions to meet internal team requirements
- Work with suppliers and partners to develop aggressive delivery roadmap
- Manage change requests and coordinate changes both internally and externally
- Develop and meet design, cost, timing, and performance targets
- Lead design, simulation, optimization, and validation of electrical circuits and interfaces for high volume manufacturing
- Detect system design issues and provide improvement feedback to internal teams and external partners/suppliers
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 10+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
- Minimum 5+ years of leading teams and projects in automotive
- Demonstrated success in developing HMI or related cutting-edge hardware
- Experience writing detailed specifications for automotive infotainment
- Proven experience working with tier 1 suppliers
- Extensive Experience with board layout and design
- Experience with ISO 26262 functional safety standards (including ASIL classifications)
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex engineering problems
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience leading human machine interface hardware teams and projects
- Experience with CAN, USB-C \w DP alt mode, automotive ethernet, vehicle audio, cameras, etc
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.