You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
**_We feel exactly the same way._**
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for an EDS- Wire Harness 3D Packaging Designer to manage packaging of the wire harnesses using 3D modelling software. Your duties will also include:
* Package wire harnesses using 3D modelling software (CATIA) for a major project through all phases of innovation and development
* Work with various regulations and standards for design compliance
* Work closely with other engineering groups
* Assist in feasibility studies and project estimates on proposed projects
* Support proposal development.
* Aids in preparation of layouts, drawings, specification, and bills of material
* Follow project on the assembly floor for prototype, pilot, or production build and provide technical assistance.
* Select components such as retainers, coverings etc. keeping cost and quality in consideration.
* Consult with suppliers, customers, & members of Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Service, and Testing, Quality Control, and Marketing departments
* Follow project on the assembly floor through initial build and render assistance necessary to support manufacturing and industrial engineering efforts
* Possess a strong electrical knowledge of vehicles, electrical theory, electrical component and related systems
* Experience in Wire harnesses packaging experience.
* Advanced level knowledge and experience with using Catia for wire harness packaging.
* Mentor graphics designer, logic and integrator knowledge is preferred.
* Jira experience is preferred.
* PLM administrative experience is preferred.
* Experience in Designing provisional components for wire harnesses.
* Relevant design experience with vehicle electrical systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.