EDS – Wire Harness Design Release Engineer
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
**_We feel exactly the same way._**
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for an EDS- Wire Harness Design Release Engineer to manage all EDS requirements applicable to design and manufacturing. Your duties will also include:
Sub-component selection, Routing, Packaging, Retention and Protection
* Creation of 2D wire harness drawings based on inputs such as system and packaging requirements, Engineering Changes etc.
* Aid the 3D team with the Packaging of components and wire harnesses into vehicles in the 3D environment, including splice locations at the harness level (where a splice is placed on the wire harness)
* Define customer-directed components
* Support Architecture / Systems / Package meeting and provide wire harness package direction using wiring cost and requirements as guide
* Support wire harness bench mark studies, including observations and documentation
* Define sub-components that need to be used on the wire harnesses.
* Define retention and covering components (convolute, tape, etc.) to be used on the wire harness
* Initiate New Component requests and interface with the Designers for new components such as shields, grommets etc.
* Support Systems Engineer in component selection
* Support Design reviews and DFM analysis.
* Support analysis of circuitry and sub-systems.
* Supporting builds and master sample sign offs at the supplier manufacturing facilities.
* Support Assembly builds at our vehicle assembly plant.
* Maintain part release system for wire harnesses and provisional components.
* Review engineering change documents for completeness and accuracy
* Communicate to supplier the content and status of the design, design changes, and build requirements
* Manage cost studies for changes with suppliers.
* Update engineering issues in change management systems
Customer and Internal Design Requirements
* Collaborate with DVP&R (Design Verification Process & Report) team to validate DVPR requirements
* Develop and maintain program-specific, harness DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
* Setup meetings with assembly team for DFA (Design for Assembly) reviews. Incorporate all possible requests as part of the wire harness design.
* Initiate plant trials coordinate with suppliers and document results of the trial. Maintain sign off documentation for trial approvals and results.
* Support assembly plant instructions for customer per statement of work
Engineering Customer Interface
* Lead supplier interface for technical issues and program engineering deliverables
* Travel to Supplier manufacturing locations for supplier development, ramp-up and wire harness builds.
* Represent Nikola Engineering at change control meetings and design reviews (e.g., technical design review, digital buck review, system compatibility review, etc.)
* Support vehicle builds and launches at pilot and assembly plants
Continuous Improvement of the Design
* Generate cost savings ideas and initiate VAVE (Value Analysis Value Engineering) workshops
* Trace technical issues and problems to root cause
* Support Quality issues.
* Support product improvement initiatives such as cost and warranty reduction activities, etc.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
* 2+ years of experience in Automotive Wiring Harness Design
* Ability to troubleshoot and rework wire harnesses, in warehouses or assembled on vehicles, during wire harness or vehicle builds
* Ability to climb inside of vehicles to troubleshoot and rework
* Wiring harness experience: design, package, launch
* Understand and apply all EDS requirements applicable to design and manufacturing
* PLM tool setup and management experience.
* Mentor Graphics Logic, Integrator and design experience.
* Catia V6 wire harness packaging experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.