EDS Wiring Systems Engineer
**You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.**
**We feel the same way.**
**_Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation._**
We’re currently on the lookout for an EDS Wiring Systems Engineer… Who can take ownership of vehicle level system schematics from concept to delivery.
In this position you will be responsible for completing the electrical connectivity design including the wire-list and DEF files for composite harness design, load analysis, voltage drop calculations circuit sizing, and in-line connector pin count determination and circuit protection. You will develop the electrical schematics and device transmittal and manage the logical connectivity data for a vehicle wiring program. You will work with internal teams to manage all electrical aspects of the wiring design. You will be working on harness topology, harness partitioning and be responsible for the harness complexity to product plan including give away circuit management.
* 3+ years’ wiring experience in the Automotive Industry
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
* Experience Capital Harness XC integrator and Logic
* Familiarity with CAN messaging systems
* Experience with model-based behaviors
* Experience with automotive body computers
* Ability to interface with connector, PDC, vehicle architecture and systems engineers to manage all electrical aspects of wiring design
* Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Willingness to travel up to 25%
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.