Nikola Motor Company’s goal is to transform and disrupt the transportation industry in America. We constantly seek talented and motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry.
Nikola is forming a team of electrical systems engineers that will help build, design, and validate architecture, hardware interfaces, schematics, communication networks, and vehicle system requirements. As an E/E Systems Engineer you will help define vehicle electrical system requirements and system architecture to meet functionality, safety, and reliability objectives.
* Specify and select electrical and mechatronic components to be used in Nikola products that meet vehicle safety, performance, and reliability requirements.
* Effectively communicate and document electrical system architecture impacts to stakeholders both internal and external.
* Work with stakeholders to develop electrical and control requirements to be implemented by the electrical and controls systems team.
* Perform high level vehicle electrical system design for Nikola products.
* 5+ years of vehicle electrical systems experience
* Electronic systems and architecture of battery and fuel cell electric vehicles.
* Zero emission technology and high voltage power electronics such as electric motors, inverters, DC/DC converters, fuel cells, high voltage batteries, on board chargers, A/C compressors.
* Technical writing ability to clarify clear and concise requirements
* EE Architecture and design layout tools such as: PREEvision, Lucidchart, Visio, UML diagram tools
* Requirement, task, and project management tools such as JAMA, JIRA, and DOORs
* Design for safety requirements derived from ISO 26262, FMVSS, etc.
* Digital communication protocols and analysis tools – CAN, SPI, Ethernet, CANalyzer, CANape
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
* Electronic hardware design experience
* Automotive design and architecture experience
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.