Electrical and Electronic (E/E) Systems Engineer
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for an Electrical Systems Engineer that will help build, design, and validate architecture, hardware interfaces, schematics, communication networks, and vehicle system requirements. In this position, you will help define vehicle electrical system requirements and system architecture to meet functionality, safety, and reliability objectives.
- Specify and select electrical and mechatronic components to be used in Nikola products that meet vehicle safety, performance, and reliability requirements
- Effectively communicate and document electrical system architecture impacts to stakeholders both internal and external
- Work with stakeholders to develop electrical and control requirements to be implemented by the electrical and controls systems team
- Perform high-level vehicle electrical system design for Nikola products.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of vehicle electrical systems experience
- Experience in electronic systems and architecture of battery and fuel cell electric vehicles
- Experience in Zero-emission technology and high voltage power electronics such as electric motors, inverters, DC/DC converters, fuel cells, high voltage batteries, onboard chargers, A/C compressors
- Technical writing ability to clarify clear and concise requirements
- Experience with EE Architecture and design layout tools such as PREEvision, Lucidchart, Visio, UML diagram tools
- Requirement, task, and project management tools such as JAMA, JIRA, and DOORs
- Knowledge of design for safety requirements derived from ISO 26262, FMVSS, etc
- Digital communication protocols and analysis tools – CAN, SPI, Ethernet, CANalyzer, CANape
- Electronic hardware design experience
- Automotive design and architecture experience
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.