Electrical and Electronic Systems - High Voltage Architect
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We are on the lookout for an experienced High Voltage Architect to architect, design, and create electrical schematics and requirements for high-voltage systems integration on all Nikola platforms.
- Develop vehicle level high voltage schematics capable of simulating different use cases such as pre-charge and discharge
- Select circuit protection devices like contactors and fuses for the high voltage system
- Act as a subject matter expert in high voltage components and architecture
- Be a design release engineer (DRE) for high voltage components owned by the EE systems team such as high voltage distribution boxes (HVDB, PDU, BDU, etc.)
- Create product specifications in Jama defining components used for high voltage distribution. Some examples of this are continuous and peak current requirements, bus bar cross sectional areas, and temperature limits
- Understand EMI and EMC issues that can impact design and implement mitigation solutions
- Work with Nikola high voltage battery DREs to provide the voice of the vehicle as an input to the battery system or pack design
- Provide input on electrical system function specifications such as DC Fast Charging that relate to the high voltage system
- Collaborate with suppliers that manufacture our high voltage designs
- Create high voltage bus specifications and inspect other groups components to ensure that their components adhere to the vehicle electrical architecture
- Track and manage your deliverables in Jira
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant degree (Master’s or Ph.D. Preferred)
- 5 years of experience in high voltage systems
- 5 years of experience with battery-electric, fuel-cell electric, and or electric hybrid vehicles
- Familiarity with electric vehicle high voltage components such as on board chargers, DCDC converters, inverters, motors, AC compressors, heaters, and batteries
- Familiarity with the ISO26262 design process
- Fluency with common electrical components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, IGBTs, and MOSFETs
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.