Embedded Systems Software Engineer
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
**_We feel exactly the same way._**
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for an Embedded Systems Software Engineer to own the Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) activities of embedded real-time software. In this position you will drive requirements for ECU base platform software and perform ECU software updates. You will be responsible for the integration of model-based application software components on the vehicle. You will provide the development of low-level drivers such as CAN, LIN, A/D, PWM, SPI, I2C drivers and debug low-level real time code.
* BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Proficiency in C/C++ (5+ years of experience)
* Experience with Boot-loader
* Experience with ECU software update
* Experience with Multi-Threading software development
* Experience with Multi-Core software development
* Experience with Real Time Operating Systems for Embedded Systems
* Experience with Driver level development, SPI, UART, CAN, LIN, I2C, etc.
* Proficiency with CAN and LIN protocols
* Familiarity with MISRA standards and verification tools
* Experience with safety critical software development processes such as ISO 26262
* Experience with Boot-loader development
* Experience with git version control, Make files, and debugging tools
* Familiar with Python
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.