WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People who push themselves, work quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Work independently and with our engineering team to advance technical standards critical to the deployment of fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV).
3+ years’ experience working with standards development organizations. Need to be familiar with standards development processes, test requirements, and hydrogen systems. A degree in engineering or similar is required. Automotive or heavy-duty experience a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve as a technical expert for fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) systems working with standards development organizations (SDOs) technical committees, including ISO and SAE
* Develop technical work proposals and defend them to gain industry support
* Develop and undertake research, as needed, to advance critical standards
* Coordinate and advance the development of test requirements and procedures for optimization of fueling protocols, emissions and fuel economy of HD FCEV
* Publish technical reports and publications, and maintain a working bibliography relevant to the standardization of FCEV systems.
* Maintain professional relationships, including frequent and effective communication with SDOs, internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES
* B.S. or M.S. in an Engineering / Physical Science Discipline
* 3+ Years in a senior engineer capacity with extensive experience in developing and defending technical standards for Fuel Cell and vehicle applications at SAE and/or ISO committees. automotive experience preferred
* Demonstrated leadership in working with SAE, ISO, and other SDOs.
* Strong technical understanding of fuel cell testing procedures and be familiar with the use of fuel cell test stations and analytical instruments.
* Excellent technical knowledge with the ability to develop and implement test procedures, and analyze and interpret data and results
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines
* Communicate succinctly and clearly to all levels of the organization and with stakeholders, and maintain excellent working relationships
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.