Failure Analysis R&D Engineer (Hydrogen)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People who push themselves, work quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Work within our engineering team to document, track, and resolve failures found during all aspects of the engineering process. 3+ years’ experience in product design, emphasis on analysis and failure mode analysis such as 7-step, FMEA, FTA, etc. A mechanical engineering degree is required. Automotive or heavy-duty experience a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Document and track all failures resulting from assembly and testing.
* Establish failure mode tracking protocols and databasing
* Perform root cause analysis on failures with engineering team input and feedback
* Utilize known failure analysis tools to properly document, analyze, and resolve failures.
* Establish and maintain lessons learned database
* Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
* 3+ years of experience
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.