Fuel Cell System Lead Engineer – FC Cathode loop
**WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:**
Self-starter willing to push the envelope of innovation, system performance and cost reduction in order to meet the company targets.
Team player who considers how their work impacts others and treats the company and its resources as their own.
**THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS**
* Lead Design activities of Fuel Cell System - Cathode Loop.
* Collaborate with program management, systems engineering, manufacturing, design & development teams to ensure Design sign-offs at program milestones and engineering gateways.
* Apply analytical methods and simulation tools on CAD models and execute system and component performance analyses in order to achieve the target characteristics.
* Report simulation results and review with cross-functional Teams for design optimization and verification.
* Design tests and lead testing of FC cathode loop components and complete system.
* Work with suppliers to select components for the FC Cathode Loop.
* Coach engineers in running simulations, testing and reporting/interpreting results.
* Support efficient issue/risk identification, communication, tracking, and resolution.
**Education Background:** BS in Mechanical Engineering (MS in Engineering Preferred).
10 years of Engineering Experience, including 3 years of Fuel Cell System Cathode Loop or Cathode Loop components design.
* Understanding of System Engineering V-Model.
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements on FC safety.
* 3 years in developing simulation/modeling methods in designing and analyzing air compressors and correlating simulation results to test data.
* Expertise in fluid flow, heat transfer and humidified gases.
* Knowledge of FC humidifier design and performance/durability/cost trade-offs.
* Knowledge of heat exchangers and water condensers design.
* Experience with Mass Flow Controllers operation and selection.
* Experience with Temperature, Relative Humidity, Flow Rate and pressure measurement, instrumentation and control.
* Knowledge of pressure regulators and fluid valving.
* Experience in successfully leading and coaching engineers.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.