Global Cost Accounting Senior Manager
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
Nikola is seeking a Global Cost Accounting Senior Manager who will establish and lead the standard costing processes and be a true business partner as we grow our manufacturing footprint. We are seeking a leader who is strong with business process definition, system implementations, and working cross-functionally within the operations.
This position will be responsible for establishing and implementing Nikola’s first product costing and inventory accounting system in alignment with various strategic initiatives. You will extensively partner with business owners to ensure systems, data, and reporting are scalable with the advanced complexity of product, business, and corporate growth.
- Define and own inventory valuation and product costing processes, lead implementation of worldwide cost accounting policies and procedures
- Lead the greenfield implementation of our global ERP solution (Microsoft Dynamics 365), act as a subject matter expert on costing and inventory modules, explore and offer solutions and best practices
- Collaboratively work with business partners to analyze product design, supply chain strategies, and manufacturing methods to determine the cost accounting impacts and recommend, develop, and maintain solutions
- Apply principles of advanced cost accounting to determine, analyze and report the operational and financial results of business activities including production costs, cost of sales, product costs, and plant throughput
- Establish and manage the physical inventory processes. Ensure visibility and accuracy of inventory data
- Maintain phenomenal relationships with business partners and finance peers to address information reporting needs. Develop and publish reporting deliverables for internal and external reporting requirements
- Partner with FP&A team on cost modeling, profitability analysis, forecasting and budgeting initiatives
- Develop and document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing accounting and inventory to ensure SOX compliance
- Establish and lead Cost Accounting and Inventory Controlling team to support growing operations
- Must have extensive automotive manufacturing/OEM experience with standard costing, discrete manufacturing, and inventory
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area, MBA, CMA, or CPA strongly preferred, with some public accounting experience from a Big 4 firm
- Exceptional understanding of the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes. Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles
- Ability to communicate effectively financial information and concepts to management and non-financial personnel
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX
- Highly advanced Excel skills and experience working with and implementing ERP systems; Microsoft Dynamics and/or SAP is a plus
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.