Global Supply Manager, Body & Closures
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
We’re currently on the lookout for a Global Supply Manager to support the Nikola Supply Chain and Purchasing team in navigating our Body and Closures commodities.
You will steer the sourcing, costing, negotiating, and strategic planning functions for the commodities on our revolutionary hydrogen and electric semi-trucks and electric off-highway vehicles. You will work closely within cross-functional teams to drive early supplier engagement throughout the development phases and product qualifications.
You will build strong strategic relationships with supply partners to ensure project timing and cost targets are met. You will determine the total cost of ownership for your commodities by understanding the underlying cost drivers supporting new business awards.
Additionally, you will:
- Establish a supplier base, working capital management, overall supply chain efficiency and supplier operating performance
- Analyze data, to achieve targeted performance gains in improved cost, quality and service delivery
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement/supply chain function with exposure to a plant manufacturing environment in the automotive manufacturing industry
- In-depth experience with Stamping and Closures.
- a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Business, or Engineering is required (a Master’s degree is preferred)
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, market analysis trends, and experience sourcing Chemicals
- Experience collaborating with others, developing, and executing sourcing strategies, and RFP packages
- Experience implementing sourcing/procurement strategies to support corporate objectives and the organization’s need for a diverse and globally competitive supply base
- Ability to develop and execute a comprehensive strategic sourcing plan that outlines strategies and specific actions to deliver the plan for Nikola’s Body and Closures’ needs
- New Product Introduction experience is a plus
- Experience working in Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Powersports, or an Electric Vehicle Start-up is a plus
This job is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.