Lead testing, cutting edge development, validation and commissioning of fuel cell powertrain, energy storage, electronics and thermal systems for Nikola's new family of vehicles. Contribute practical test planning and execution leadership, data acquisition and instrumentation expertise, and troubleshooting support to the performance and safety controls engineering teams, key partners and suppliers. Apply your experience, technical skills, and knowledge cooperatively with other experts to specify test methods and equipment requirements. Apply test systems engineering best practices to bring our hydrogen fuel and battery electric powered vehicles to market.
* Interpret operational use cases and develop corresponding vehicle level tests and plans.
* Evaluate system architecture sufficiently to create test equipment requirements.
* Coordinate test equipment and instrumentation selection for vehicle, bench and test cells.
* Define required third party test services support; coordinate effort and interpret results.
* Lead with hardware in the loop instrumentation, test, analysis and controls development.
* Support risk analysis assessments and create verification, validation and correlation plans.
* Oversee vehicle systems instrumentation installations, procedures, and testing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Management experience, Bachelor of Science (or Masters) degree in Engineering from accredited university with a minimum of 5 years experience in the field of vehicle and/or powertrain level testing and test systems development.
Test planning and coordination, instrumentation, data acquisition, post processing and reporting for powertrain components, fuel cells, energy storage, electronics, safety, thermal, and HVAC systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.