Head of Vehicle Service and Warranty
Nikola is looking for an experienced **Head of Vehicle Service and Warranty** to create and lead the strategy, execution, optimization and process management of our vehicle service and warranty programs. So, we’re not just looking for the person to lead the program, we’re looking for the person to create it.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in building and operating a vehicle service program, preferably with heavy duty vehicles, and is comfortable with innovative and highly sophisticated technologies.
You’ll be responsible for designing and building a service organization, programs and infrastructure to ensure the timely, cost effective and high-quality service of battery electric and fuel cell electric heavy-duty trucks. This will include end-to-end accountability from identification of serviceable components and building service procedures through delivery of service and warranty programs.
* Lead the identification of serviceable components and development of service programs including the necessary supporting tools, equipment and facility requirements
* Support the development of required owner’s manuals and technical documentation
* Develop predictive maintenance and diagnosis programs and tools to ensure that issues can be quickly identified and communicated
* Design training programs for internal technicians, external service partners and customers
* Develop a parts network to support both national and international accounts
* Develop data gathering, reporting and analysis programs for internal and external stakeholders to enable billing, cost analysis, predictive analytics, root cause and design changes, customer data requirements, etc.
* Design programs to ensure compliant, responsible and sustainable programs for all component shipping, storage, installation, removal, disposal and recycling
* Support regulatory compliance of all programs and facilities
* Develop work plans and budgeting
* Work cross-functionally with other teams and external partners for the development of all programs
* Lead the relationship and interface with key external service partners
* BS in Engineering (MS in Engineering Preferred)
* 15+ years in automotive service combined with 5+ years in a senior management position
* Proven track record of excellent management capacity leading and developing large, diverse groups of engineers and technicians in a fast-paced environment
* Understanding of vehicle design, experience with high voltage, hydrogen fuel cell and electrical systems preferred
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures, creative and hands-on mentality
* Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
* Effective problem solving, coaching and mentoring skills
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.