Lead ECU Hardware Engineer
**You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.**
**We feel the same way.**
**_Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation._**
We’re currently on the lookout for a Lead ECU Hardware Engineer… Who can take ownership of Electrical Designs from concept to delivery.
In this position you will develop the DV/PV test plans, hardware design documentation, specifications, BOMs, safety documents, and any other necessary information required for manufacturing. You will perform circuit simulation and generate lab data to support the design approval process. You will be responsible for the release of electronic modules to meet requirements of new applications and ensure test plans comply to requirements. As the Lead you will perform and supervise the validation testing of electrical designs and ensure project deliverables are on time and on budget. You will be responsible for the creation of DFMEAs, conducting failure analysis, and troubleshooting of electrical components. You will work with internal teams to conduct design reviews then you will evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
* 2-5 years of relevant experience in design and development of automotive electronic modules
* Experience developing detailed analog, digital electronic and embedded microprocessor circuits
* Experience with electrical schematic design for electronics
* Experience with printed circuit board layout design
* Experience with Circuit Simulation (PSPICE)
* Experience in automotive requirements definition, specifications, testing, validation, and quality
* Working knowledge of design tools and simulation tools
* Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Self-motivated individual with a passion to succeed, a positive attitude and the ability to communicate and work well with others in a team environment
* Well-versed in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.