Lead Engineer, Interiors
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We are on the lookout for a Lead Interiors Engineer to join our Cab engineering team. As the Lead Engineer for Interiors, you will be responsible for the design, release and launch of complete interior systems for Nikola’s future vehicles and programs. You will lead the team that creates and executes world-class interiors in terms of form, function and exemplifies the Nikola brand.
- Develop and execute interior system parts and components
- Implement processes and material selections to achieve Nikola’s desired execution of automotive interior while achieving craftsmanship targets such as fit and finish
- Collaborate with key interior system and plastic component suppliers and support overall vehicle development through milestones and prototype/production builds
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and
- Purchasing groups to ensure the interior systems manufacturability, assembly feasibility, and serviceability
- Be responsible for technical documentation included but not limited to DFMEA’s and DVP&R’s
- Coordinate and lead Studio surfacing inputs into the Interior engineering release process
- Lead the Interior coordination of the engineering timing release schedule. This will include supplier sourcing, surface release timing, engineering release & lead times, and manufacturing lead times.
- Ensure the Interior’s team are working to a common standard for the development of all Nikola Interior’s project
- Drive the passion and commitment to executing the best possible systems while delivering to all the items listed above
- Lead and drive the Interior team through all Nikola project milestones.
- Work cross-functionally to set the interiors commercial targets (piece cost, tooling cost & ED&D cost)
- Cascade goals, communicate and report effectively at every stage of the project
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience of trucking/automotive product development
- MUST HAVE: Design of automotive component parts in CATIA V5/V6
- Detailed knowledge and prior execution of an interior design and development process, system requirements, and general interior engineering best practices
- A thorough understanding of an automotive interior and how your commodities impact the rest of the vehicle with regards to function, cost, and timing
- Must have in-depth technical expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution
- Know how to achieve system requirements and world-class craftsmanship and performance targets
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.