Lead Frame / Body-In-White Engineer
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
**_We feel exactly the same way._**
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Lead Frame Engineer to manage the frame/body-in-white design of powersports vehicles, from sketch to production. You will be responsible for guiding a team of design engineers to bring to life the Frame / Body-in-White of powersports vehicles through prototype steps. You will work with the DFM team, the Vehicle Architect and other lead engineers to bring the vehicle designs from sketch to production. You will be responsible for maintaining target requirements of the vehicle dynamics, resistance and fatigue, stiffness and frequencies, and weight. You can own your space and verify all solutions are cost and weight efficient.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or in a related field
* 10+ years’ experience in design of vehicle frame/body-in-white engineering
* Experience leading a team
* Experience in CATIA v5
* A thorough understanding and capability of layout out loadpath in complex structure
* Excellent structural skills
* Experience designing welded assemblies
* Capable of choosing the right joint design to meet the requirements
* Team player, creative and capable to adapt quickly
* Must be able to lead technically and provide guidance and work with supplier partners
* Strong understanding of DFM for welded assemblies
* Full GD&T understanding
* CATIA V6
* Linear and non Linear FEA knowledge-experience
* Owner of Powersports / Adventure / Racing vehicles
* Experience designing ROPS
* Experience designing energy absorbing structures
* Aluminum structure design, welded, bolted and glued
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.