Lead Instrumentation Technician
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Lead Instrumentation Technician who will lead the buildup of the Instrumentation lab, functional layout, assist in equipment specifications and acquisition.
- Work with Test Engineers to investigate and recommend data acquisition systems that meet test specifications
- Install data acquisition systems and sensors per test request
- Lead the buildup of the Instrumentation lab, functional layout, assist in equipment specification, benchmarking and acquisition.
- Assist in the development of a Nikola Quality System (ISO 17025 as a starting basis)
- Implement a calibration and PM control program/system
- Conduct Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Calibration of vehicle test benches, data acquisition, and calibratable sensors to the Nikola quality system.
- Maintain stock of frequently used sensors and material
- Lead calibration, both in house and 3rd party calibration house as required.
- Maintain Schedule of PM lab equipment
- Ensure timely delivery of calibration schedules. Collaborate and Interact with test planning to align lab timing requirements with calibration schedules
- Creation of work instructions and internal documentations (material safety, lab safety and process safety)
- Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Instill a culture of safety awareness in the laboratory
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Electronics or equivalent
- 10+ experience in calibration, instrumentation installation, data acquisition.
- Must have knowledge of strain gauges, transducers, accelerometers, displacement, road load, potentiometer sensors
- Must have Data Acquisition equipment and lab setup experience
- The position requires strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Prefer programming skills with MATLAB, LabView or similar
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures = creative, hands-on mentality
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
- Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
- Believes in sustainability and our vision.
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada.
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.