Global Supply Manager, Capital Equipment (CAPEX) & Facilities
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
We’re currently on the lookout for a Global Supply Manager to support the Nikola supply chain and purchasing team in navigating our Capital Equipment and Facilities requirements.
Working closely with our Manufacturing Team, you will steer the sourcing, costing, negotiations, and strategic planning functions for Capital Equipment and Facilities requirements at both our Headquarters and Manufacturing Facility required for our revolutionary hydrogen and electric semi-trucks and electric off-highway vehicles. You will work closely within cross-functional teams to drive early supplier engagement throughout the development phases and equipment qualifications. You will build strong strategic relationships with supply partners to ensure project timing and cost targets are met. You will determine the total cost of ownership for equipment categories by understanding the underlying cost drivers supporting new business awards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain Management is required (master’s degree preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in procurement/supply chain function with direct engagement with plant manufacturing engineering environment in the automotive and/or commercial vehicle manufacturing industry
- In depth experience with Capital Equipment, cultivating Best-In-Industry supplier relationships as a single point of contact for all commercial and strategic issues
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, market analysis trends, and experience sourcing Assembly, Testing, and Manufacturing equipment
- Able to collaborate with others, develop, and execute sourcing strategies, and RFP packages
- Implement sourcing and procurement strategies to support corporate objectives and the organization’s need for a diverse and globally competitive supply base
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic sourcing plan that outlines strategies and specific actions to deliver the plan for Nikola’s Capital Equipment and Facilities’ needs
- Establish supplier base, working capital management, overall supply chain efficiency, and supplier operating performance
- Analyze data, to achieve targeted performance gains in improved cost, quality, service, and delivery.
- New Product Introduction experience is required
- Experience working in Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Powersports, or an Electric Vehicle Start-up is a plus
- Excellent Excel and other MS Office skills required; experience with ERP or MRP purchasing systems preferred
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including engineers and supply chain personnel
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, written and verbal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.