Manager, Factory 4.0 Digital Manufacturing Systems
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
As Manager of Digital Manufacturing, you will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Director. The main focus will be to develop and implement world class management systems and processes to launch multiple world class electric and fuel cell vehicles. This will include planning in all stages of the vehicle development process; from clay models to fully functional vehicles. This is a high focus and demanding position that will require an individual that can demonstrate through knowledge of program management with capability to lead a cross-functional manufacturing team for new product and process development.
- Plan digital manufacturing system strategy & roadmap to incorporate Factory 4.0 principles leading best in class practices to rethink manufacturing systems
- Build and manage the digital organization team and processes.
- Work as liaison to MFG stakeholders, align digital strategy to meet business strategy and support business requirements
- Lead infrastructure team to design & deliver factory IT infrastructure including manufacturing & control network, data center & IT room, to support the connected factory & manufacturing applications
- Lead manufacturing system team to design & deliver plant floor system, and work with IT team and shop floor team on the integration between plant floor system and up/down stream systems
- Manage digital manufacturing projects, work with all stakeholders to make sure digital manufacturing projects are on track and deliver on time on budget
- Own manufacturing system operation, ensuring manufacturing system service level to support production
- Build digital manufacturing team, lead & coach team members to work cohesively
- Monitor industry trends and new technology, create innovative solutions to shape digital manufacturing business
- Lead the development and implementation of cutting-edge technology and systems to streamline and optimize the manufacturing process.
- 10+ years’ proven experience in auto industry manufacturing or other high volume, complex product lines.
- Business acumen, familiar with vehicle production process
- 3+ year’s plant floor system implementation experience (MES / ANDON / Warehousing or related system)
- Familiar with IT project management, risk management, change management
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, data communication or equivalent educational background
- Have good understanding about IT infrastructure, system integration
- Sense of quality, result oriented and ‘get things done’ approach
- Sense of ownership even under high pressure situations
- Project Management skillset, Communication skillset, and Problem-Solving skillset
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.