Manager, Fuel Cell Control Unit
We are on the lookout for an experienced **Control Engineering Manager** that will be responsible for the development, implementation, optimization, and testing of control algorithms for a Fuel Cell Controller. As the Fuel Cell Controls Engineering Manager, you will work within our fuel cell systems team and corporate partners, including Nikola's Hydrogen & Fuel Cell technology and Vehicle Engineering teams, to develop Fuel Cell Control Unit functional safety, control strategy, and module design. You will also work closely with the tank control unit, vehicle control unit as well as thermal controls along with embedded system engineering to integrate code with lower layers.
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel _exactly_ the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
**To be successful you have:**
* 5+ years’ experience in fuel cell control unit or engine automotive electronic control unit development is required
* 5+ years’ experience with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape
* Experience developing vehicle and powertrain controls algorithms for different drive mode selections in Automotive or Heavy Duty
* Solid understanding of system/component design/development processes
* Knowledge of classical control theory, optimal controls, adaptive controls, and state-space modeling
* Strong knowledge in programming language, such as C/C++, Matlab/Simulink
* Algorithm Subsystem Technical Expertise
* Proficiency with CAN, LIN Communication Protocols
* Familiar with GIT version control
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.