Key Account Manager – Electric Vehicles
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
Nikola is looking for an experienced Key Account Manager – Electric Vehicles to manage key accounts for Nikola’s zero emission electric vehicles, including the onboarding of new customers.
The ideal candidate will have extensive fleet-management experience and a passion for cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with customers in clean transportation. You will be familiar with a typical start-up environment, complimented by experience working within larger companies as it relates to process and planning and building programs at scale that can transform industries.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with decision makers and influencers within customers organizations to assist them with transitioning to zero emission vehicles. This will include end-to-end accountability from customers’ testing of the vehicles through integration into their operation, as well as management of ongoing sales opportunities.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop customer pilot and production truck integration plans including timelines, metrics, reporting, operational guidelines, incentive applications and training
- Ensure customer facilities are equipped for charging of vehicles including infrastructure and vetted charging systems
- Coordinate with Sales, Service, and Engineering teams for service of deployed vehicles as well as development of next generation vehicles
- Provide strong customer service and analyze performance metrics to achieve customer and business objectives.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, and successfully resolve fleet customer problems giving a high priority to customer satisfaction
- Develop relationships and strategies to successfully achieve new sales
- Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, trends in the organization, with competition, and in the marketplace
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES
- Proven work experience in fleet environment, preferable heavy duty or freight/delivery operation
- University degree in business, engineering or related field, plus 10+ years of demonstrated applicable work experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective, ethical working relationships with fleet customers
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, including the ability to plan, organize and deliver professional formal presentations
- Strong financial acumen to understand key financial indicators and broad finance instruments including terms, types and usage as they pertain to customers
- Proven track record of excellent customer service skills and management capacity for large complex projects
- Experience in sustainability, alternative fuels and/or vehicles are assets
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures, creative and hands-on mentality
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrixed and dynamic environment
This job is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.