Manager, Quality Engineering – Dimensional and Metrology
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
As a Quality Engineering Manager, you will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Director. The main focus will be to develop and implement world class quality management systems and processes to build a world class fully electric semi vehicle. This will include working in all stages of the vehicle development process; from clay models to fully functional vehicles. This is a high focus and demanding position that will require an individual that can work to represent the production operator as the vehicle is designed. Must have good visual knowledge of how things go together.
- Direct interface with Product Designers and Engineers to develop future vehicle designs with Design for Manufacturing focus.
- Develop dimensional management processes based on manufacturing best practices.
- Participate in DFMEA to incorporate built in design quality to ensure highly repeatable dimensional accuracy.
- Utilize knowledge and experience in GD&T to implement best in class dimensional accuracy for BIW structure and final assembly product.
- Lead procurement of metrology systems for factory manufacturing fixtures, incoming parts evaluation and finished product verification.
- Recruit and lead team of engineering specialists to perform dimensional analysis on product designs and provide input/feedback to achieve highest product quality.
- Develop measurement analysis software systems and tools and provide to manufacturing organization, including development and training.
- Review and audit quality management processes for internal manufacturing and external suppliers with a focus on product and process improvement.
- Develop product level quality targets across all phases of product trial builds and launch.
- Lead quality reviews of product trial builds, developing and ensuring closure of action plans to improve product quality.
- Evaluate finished product at launch and support process and product improvement initiatives to ensure sustainable and improved success.
- Flexible to support travel for product development reviews (minimum 20%).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering – Mechanical preferred
- Minimum (8) eight years’ experience.
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn.
- Experience using CAD. Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6 is a plus.
- Working knowledge of large truck/automotive manufacturing processes and dimensional requirements.
- Expertise in GD&T of complex product systems and problem solving techniques.
- Strong background in SPC, with demonstrated capability of providing and implement effective solutions to achieve desired output.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints, providing examples of such scenarios throughout one’s career.
- Effective problem solver with knowledge and experience utilizing structured problem-solving methodology and experience introducing new products.
- Project launch experience from initial concept to final production.
- Exceptional organizational ability with good follow up skills and attention to details is a must.
- Familiarity with measurement analysis software systems and tools to evaluate production fixtures, stamping parts, welding sub-assemblies, and supplier parts.
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.