Senior Electrical Engineer, Battery Management System
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
Obsessed over what fuels our world, we drive forward, move fast and work outward. Understanding that when the company succeeds, we succeed; we act as owners and take pride in the mission that fuels us. What we do is far from simple but simply put - we build.
Nikola’s ECU Hardware team is on the lookout for a Senior Electrical Engineer, Battery Management System to support the development of BMS systems and subsystems for prototype and production vehicles.
- Develop electronic control boards for battery cell measurement and battery management for automotive applications
- Create test plans and document test results to verify hardware functions as desired
- Work with external semiconductor vendors to select appropriate hardware for design
- Perform DFMEA and FIT calculations to ensure designs properly mitigate unacceptable risk
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to ensure that overall system design meets all requirements
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5 years developing high voltage electronic hardware for battery management systems
- Strong understanding of battery gauging algorithms and how hardware design decisions influence SOC and SOH accuracy
- Experience designing to a functional safety standard, knowledge of ISO 26262 preferred but not required
- Schematic Capture in a design program such as Altium Designer or equivalent
- PCB Layout preferred, or the ability to provide layout resource with appropriate guidance
- Experience working with external CMs to move designs from prototype to production
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.