Inverter Control Engineer
Nikola Motor Company’s goal is to transform and disrupt the transportation industry in America. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry.
Seeking a Sr. Engineer that will be responsible for the development, implementation, optimization, and testing of motor/inverter control algorithms. In this position you will work closely with Nikola's powertrain controls engineers and embedded systems engineers to develop control systems for electric vehicle powertrains, as well as engage in calibration and testing of the systems. You will have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
* Design and implement control algorithms for electric machines in Simulink and C.
* Develop fault detection and mitigation strategies.
* Test and calibrate software in dyno environment and in vehicle.
* 5 years’ experience
* MS in Engineering (preferably with concentration in power electronics or motor control)
* Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink
* Deep understanding of PM machine operation and working principles
* Solid understanding of PM motor power electronics (gate drive circuitry, modulation techniques)
* Experience developing motor control software (emphasis on field-oriented control)
* Experience with version/configuration tools (Git)
* 8 years’ experience
* Experience with sensor-less control techniques
* Understanding of vehicle functional safety (ISO26262) and ASIL ratings
* Knowledge of classical control theory, optimal controls, adaptive controls, MPC, ECMS, and state-space modeling
* Strong understanding of CAN communication
* Familiarity with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.