Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you - it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re on the lookout for a Parts Manager that will help support our Service and Maintenance programs. The ideal candidate will understand the backdrop and complicated supply chain for our world-class electric vehicles including our Class 8 trucks. This is a unique position will include importing parts & components for operations in the US as well as exporting components to support operating units in the EU.
- Work cross-functionally to scale serviceability and maintenance for fleet of BEV and Hydrogen-Electric class 8 trucks
- Establish and maintain the parts department, inventory levels, and balance them for maximum turnover
- Work closely and leverage the internal sourcing team for work with importing and exporting of components and parts
- Work with the service and maintenance team to ensure parts are in stock or ordered in a timely manner, as needed for all repairs
- Keep up-to-date on manufacturer warranty, policy, and return procedures
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with the global, federal, state, and local regulations that affect operation
- Ensure that incoming inventory is stocked in the correct location
- Track all material deliverables including outsourced components, purchased components, and in-house component builds
- Work to drive continuous improvement into the procurement, inventory, and cost control functions of the organization
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with parts research, ordering, inventory, and record-keeping in a fast-paced automotive environment
- High School diploma/equivalent required
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or Systems Engineering preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience with a forklift
- Experience with complicated supply chains including managing multiple supply points from across multiple continents is necessary
- Have clear knowledge and understanding and the ability to manage long lead times to support asset up-time
- Automotive experience with HD trucks (class 6-8) or battery electric vehicles (BEV) preferred
- High voltage background knowledge and experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.