Power Electronics Engineer
Nikola Motor Company’s goal is to transform and disrupt the transportation industry in America. We constantly seek talented and motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry.
We are on the lookout for a Power Electronics Engineer that will be responsible for the development of electrical hardware such as DC/DC, DC/AC, and AC/DC converters that will drive Nikola Vehicles. As the Power Electronics Engineer you will develop test plans, perform system ramp up testing, and be responsible for the testing of the inverter. You will work closely with Nikola’s firmware, software, and architecture team to properly allocate safety functions within power electronics. You will have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
* BS in EE, concentration in Power Electronics
* 5 years of High Voltage Power Electronics Development Experience
* Power Electronics Simulation Experience (Spice or Simulink)
* Schematic Capture (PADS or Altium)
* Strong understanding of Power Electronics topologies
* MS in EE (preferably with a concentration in power electronics)
* 8 years’ experience with 400V+ 10kW+ Power Electronics
* Solid Understanding of PM Motor Power Electronics and Control
* PCB Layout Experience
* Magnetics Design Experience
* Thermal Simulation Experience
* Automotive Electric Power Train experience
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.