You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel **_exactly_** the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Program Manager to plan, schedule, organize, direct and control the program deliverables on an aggressive timeline.
In this role, you will focus on cost, quality and timing and ensure the team drives and completes the phase-gate review process for each phase of the project.
Good problem-solving skills with first-hand knowledge of PM Tools and the APQP process is an absolute must as you:
* Create/follow timelines to ensure project meets program milestones
* Collaborate across departments (marketing, engineering, sales, supply chain, finance, etc.)
* Assist in the development and deployment of the Program Management process
* Develop and implement process disciplines
* Drive “Plan for every part” from each PM team
* Lead the team and take personal responsibility for the team’s success by holding the team accountable, ensuring proper meeting cadence and elevating effectively when needed
* Ensure compliance and track all deliverables using an open issues list
* Use risk management approach to anticipate and prevent problems from occurring, elevate risks to management when/if they occur
* Follow tooling sources to track progress and alleviate any issues that may affect timing
* Coordinate or conduct Project Gate Reviews
* Provide regular project status reports to senior management
Success in this role requires someone with expert experience with APQP (PPAP, FMEA, etc.), Gantt charts, open item and responsibility tracking and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the automotive/trucking or similar industry with experience in at least one cross functional area (Quality, Engineering, Operations, or Program Management). Additionally, the role requires:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (MBA or PMP Certification is preferred)
* Excellent planning, collaboration, and facilitation skills to coordinate and leverage capabilities across a highly matrixed organization involving multiple products, channels & functions
* Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of problem-solving tools and key performance indicators / metrics
* Ability to plan and manage complex projects crossing over many departmental lines
* Effective communication skills, written and oral, to all levels of the organization
* Strong organizational skills
* High Energy / Flexible / Adaptable / Dynamic / “can-do” attitude
* High comfort and confidence level while giving presentations to room of peers and/or stakeholders
* Ability to influence and thrive within a rapidly changing / growing matrix organization
* Ability to travel regionally and internationally ~ 25-40%
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.