WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
People who push themselves, work safely, quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS:
Work within our hydrogen storage team to ensure high quality prototype and production output of hydrogen on-board fuel system components and systems. Specify and implement quality assurance policies and procedures and oversee ongoing inspection, data gathering, analysis and nonconformance corrections. 3+ years experience in a QA position with a BS or BTech. Certification, such as Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Six Sigma, or Quality Improvement Associate, is preferred.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Specify and implement quality assurance policies and procedures for the assembly of prototype and production hydrogen on-board fuel storage systems
* Interpret and comply with quality assurance standards
* Elaborate the procedures of sampling and guidelines for collection and reporting quality data
* Oversee the implementation and ensure efficiency of inspection and quality systems
* Plan, perform and oversee inspection and testing of products to ensure the quality deliverable
* Document quality assurance activities, such as internal audits
* Analyze customer grievances and other non-compliance issues
* Gather and organize statistical quality data
* Inspect data to detect areas for improvement
* Elaborate, recommend and oversee improvement actions
* Document and maintain company documents, including results of quality activities
* Detect coaching needs and take actions in accordance with these needs in order to ensure compliance with quality standards
* Allow external providers to conduct on-site audits
* Analyze audit outcomes and carry out appropriate corrective procedures
* Oversee risk management procedures
* Ensure ongoing abidance by industry regulatory and quality requirements
* Maintain professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
* BS or Btech
* 3+ years experience, preferably within an automotive environment and familiar with QS 9001
* Certification, such as Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Six Sigma, or Quality Improvement Associate, is preferred
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
* Experience working with compressed hydrogen a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.